FSA FIT & PROPER PERSONS TEST
The FSA handbook defines a fit and proper persons test as a basis for employment screening within the UK regulated financial services sector, and in particular where an individual is to be employed as an "approved person". The fundamental concept behind the fit and proper persons test is "honesty and integrity".
Our employment screening services for regulated firms have been designed to support the FSA Handbook in the evaluation of an individual's honesty and integrity. Areas of screening we are typically requested to carry out include:
- Criminal records checks
- Financial background checks
- Current and previous directorships
- Previous employment referencing with specific questions pertaining to the FSA handbook.
- Verification of relevant qualifications
- Conflicts of interest
- Verification of FSA approved persons status
If you would like to know more about how we can support your employment screening for roles within the regulated financial services sector please contact us on 01992 719 234.